Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need Bonjour? Some one calling to tell me it is Russian Spyware.

I have received many error from Bonjour. I am wondering if I need the program, as it appears it was not correctly installed. Second, a man named Sean at 877-764-5405 called me reporting that their main frame was receiving records of my errors. He had me check the computer, and there was Bonjour. He said that Bonjour was spyware from Russia that was attacking computer. I told hmi I needed him to call back, but I asked him, "How much is your service?" He told me check out the website at teqslytom.com.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 5, 2014 5:27 PM

4 replies

May 5, 2014 5:46 PM in response to d.bilyeu

Bonjour is an open source auto-discovery networking service that Apple uses in its products. It is by no means spyware.

Sean, on the other hand, told you utter nonsense and was attempting to commit a crime. You didn't let him. All is good.

If you are concerned about the errors, please post a representative sample. Describe how and when you encountered them. They may be routine or not.

If you post system log excerpts, delete or obscure any personal data before posting.

He told me check out the website at teqslytom.com.

I can find no website by that name; no surprise.

Do I need Bonjour? Some one calling to tell me it is Russian Spyware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.