Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change your Apple ID in iCloud and Facetime, etc. after changing your Apple ID?

I changed my Apple ID and now all of the related applications like Facetime, iCloud, and others are prompting for the old Apple ID and I can not find any way to change the id for these apps. Can anyone tell me what has to be done? Should I change the Apple ID beck to the original?

Posted on May 5, 2014 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2014 8:49 PM

Basically, you have to "sign out" of all those services using your previous Apple ID.

Here is a list:

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

It would be nice if Apple placed more emphasis on this excerpt from Changing your Apple ID

Before you change your Apple ID:

Sign out of all Apple features and services that you use with your current Apple ID.

... but if you did not, it's easily remedied.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2014 8:49 PM in response to Golferbabe

Basically, you have to "sign out" of all those services using your previous Apple ID.

Here is a list:

Apple ID: What to do after you change your Apple ID

It would be nice if Apple placed more emphasis on this excerpt from Changing your Apple ID

Before you change your Apple ID:

Sign out of all Apple features and services that you use with your current Apple ID.

... but if you did not, it's easily remedied.

How do you change your Apple ID in iCloud and Facetime, etc. after changing your Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.