Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seting up Airport Express on iPad mini? How to do it

I have been having a hard time seting up airport express......

How do i set it up? How is it suppose to work?

The light has been turning amber color but turns green sometimes. I tried to connect to my family's apple devices but seem to be really slow.

Also when I see how check Airport utilities on my ipad, the light next to internet is green when it starts finding a airport base then when it finds the base the light by the internet goes to amber. Isnt both the liight for the internet and airport suppose to be green.....? Well the internet light turns amber color after finding a airport base station, but the base station light is green.....

Very confuse....

Help!

Other OS, 7.6.4 Airport Express

Posted on May 5, 2014 9:28 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2014 10:07 AM in response to LeoAnn17

Hi LeoAnn17,

This article has some information on the state of lights in AirPort Utility and what they mean =

AirPort Utility 6.x: What does the flashing light mean?

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5076

You may need to reset your AirPort Express base station in order to get it working correctly. See this article for how to do this.

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3728

In particular the section on How do I reset my AirPort base station? which has a section specifically for the AirPort Express.

Soft reset

1. Connect the device to power and wait for it to complete its start up process. To learn more about the start up process, please see All about Wi-Fi base station Status Lights (LED).
  2. Press and hold the reset button with a pen, pencil, or straightened paperclip for 1 full second, then release it. The light (LED) will begin flashing amber, indicating that the device is in soft reset mode.
  3. From the AirPort menu bar item, choose the network created by the device (the network name does not change).
  4. Open AirPort Utility from Applications > Utilities.
  5. Select the base station, then click Edit (The Edit window will indicate that the base station is in Soft Reset mode).
  6. Move through the tabs to make changes to your passwords or other settings as needed, and click Update and Continue as required
  7. Quit AirPort Utility.

If a Soft reset does not do it, you may want to use a Hard reset to bring the AirPort Express back to its factory default settings.

Hard reset

1. Press and hold the reset button with a pen, pencil, or straightened paperclip until you see the status light (LED) start to flash amber rapidly, which should occur after about five seconds.
  2. Release the button and the device will reset.
  3. Wait about a minute for the base station to finish restarting, then open AirPort Utility from Applications > Utilities.
  4. Select the base station from Other Wi-Fi Devices, then click Edit.
  5. Select the Other Options button.
  6. Select "Restore previous settings" and click Next until you get to the final window.
  7. AirPort Utility will indicate that Setup is complete. Click Done.
  8. Quit AirPort Utility.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Seting up Airport Express on iPad mini? How to do it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.