Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

paypal receipts won't print in mac mail

Trying to print a Paypal receipt in Mac Mail and I frequently get the screen below showing just a header and no receipt - you can see the actual receipt behind the print dialogue. Sometimes I get this but there are two pages to print and the receipt is on the second. In this case and more often than not there is only the one page and the receipt is missing. It is clearly there to be seen on the email.

This happens at least 50% of the time. Otherwise the receipts print as you would expect.

OSX 10.9.2 on iMac all up to date

User uploaded file

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on May 6, 2014 2:15 AM

29 replies

May 6, 2014 4:45 AM in response to ellison r

Well, this is obviously not a "fix" but a workaround: with the mail message open and the receipt visible, click in the window and select all (press command and A) then copy (command and C). Paste (command and V) it into a new pages (or TextEdit RTF) document and print from there.

Another workaround is to screen print it into a png file and print that from Preview: press shift, command, 4 and the cursor turns into crosshairs. Left click drag over the receipt and release to make the screen shot. Open in Preview and print.

We also get the "page 2 has the stuff we want to print" situation but we always get the page 2.

Sep 21, 2014 11:34 AM in response to ellison r

It _is_ a strange behaviour, and so far I only have experienced it block printing the content, with PayPal. I have some similar experiences with Amazon, but there the Print... only pushes all the graphical content over to the next page/s, leaving the first page empty, except the headers, receipient etc, so it prints ok. With PP I only get the first page, and its body is empty in print.

Another interim solution is to click on the transaction serial, #xxxxx etc. That takes you to your PayPal account and to the receipt/transaction in question. It prints nicely from there, in Safari.

Sep 21, 2014 11:40 AM in response to mep

More about the odd behaviour:

If I copy the content to a new mail document, and select 'print', it still prints nothing.

But, if I hit the 'reply' button and print the content of the reply window, even before any editing, it prints the content just fine.

Quite puzzling....

Dec 5, 2014 4:27 AM in response to ellison r

I Have this same problem for almost a year - I just posted my own problem before I found this link already established. Paypal has no interest in pursuing (they supposedly documented the problem). There seems to be some symbol in the html code that is causing the split of head and body of document - can't see it in the raw data - some times the document shows 2 pages and in rare events only 1 page yet the body does appear in the preview???. When I get the 2 pages indication - I just print page 2 - thereby printing 2 pages - one of which is the header.

The only WORK AROUND I have found is to screen print - PDF - export - nothing else works - when you only see 1 page.

Jan 15, 2015 12:04 PM in response to ellison r

Weird. This just started happening to me. I have never had a problem before printing PayPal receipts or saving them as PDFs, but today nothing I tried would give me anything but a message with the header and nothing else. I didn't change anything on my system to provoke the problem, so I have to assume it's something in the message. I'm relieved to hear that it is apparently a problem only with PayPal messages, and my testing has shown that I can still print other messages. Until the problem goes away I'll have to resort to printing screenshots of PayPal receipts.

Jan 18, 2015 7:15 AM in response to Drdul

Okay, this is interesting. I just bought three small items off eBay, and received three PayPal emails. Two printed just fine, but the third showed up blank except for the message header. The difference? The third one has Chinese characters in it (the name of the vendor in China), so the problem appears to be something to do with characters in the message.

paypal receipts won't print in mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.