Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

linking sheets

I have a very simple spreadsheet/database in Numbers. There are several sheets for various geograpgic regions. There is one sheet at the front that I would like to contain links that take the user to a regional sheet....bit like a hyperlink. How is this possible?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 6, 2014 5:07 AM

25 replies

May 6, 2014 2:34 PM in response to Global Hiccup

If you are talking about sheets within the same document, you can have something like this pop up whenever you hit a keyboard shortcut (in my case shift-command-j):

User uploaded file

This is done via a Jump to Sheet Automator Service (Dropbox download). To install just doubleclick the .workflow package and (if needed) click 'Download Anyway' in System Preferences > Privacy & Security.

This will cause a new item to appear in your Numbers > Services menu. Then, if you want a keyboard shortcut, go here in System Preferences and add one:

User uploaded file

You can rename or remove the service by holding down the option key in Finder and choosing Go > Library > Services. You can also view the AppleScript contaned within the service by opening the .workflow package in Automator.

This particular service jumps to the first cell of the first table of the sheet you choose from an automatically generated list of all sheets in the current document. Using simple AppleScripts it is also quite easy to "jump" to any cell in the current document, to cells in other Numbers documents, or even to non-Numbers files on your Mac.

SG

Dec 5, 2016 10:40 AM in response to SGIII

Numbers 4.0.5 - Worked like a charm, massive thanks!

Had a sheet with several tables laid alphabetically from left to right and really needed a quick way to navigate over 40 tables that are each fairly wide. Originally had no problems as I could click on the grouping Sheet's name and the drop down menu would appear allowing me to select the Table name I needed from the list, then jumping straight to it.

HOWEVER printing was a nightmare and on reading lots of different forum posts, it seems there's a small bug that when attempting to line the tables up incrementally, they would accumulate slight and inconsistent point/pixel additions in the Print Preview field. This would mean columns do not appear as their containing table overruns into another one. This is DESPITE all the tables being at set intervals, infuriating. There's also a small issue that over a certain x position, you can no longer manually enter a number to set the position of a table. Again crazy. Well done SG, here's hoping this is in the next Numbers release!

linking sheets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.