Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Identifying Downloaded Movies in iTunes Library

Any idea how to identify movies that are currently downloaded to my computer's harddrive within my iTunes library?

I want to remove all downloaded content, but I am unable to identify which movies are currently on my harddrive.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 6, 2014 6:56 AM

12 replies

May 6, 2014 7:00 AM in response to mtvessell

Understanding the iCloud Status icons - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124

FAQ: Why iTunes Match Can Not Be Used as a Backup - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4112 - many of these things apply to replying upon being able to redownload from the iTunes Store too. I personally would never rely upon being able to always do that and would always have a copy on a drive somewhere.

May 6, 2014 7:48 AM in response to Limnos

Again, you have NOT answered my question. Upon looking a bit further into the issue, it seems the only way to identify movies that are currently downloaded onto my harddrive is to scroll over each "cloud" icon and find the ones that do not contain a download arrow. Huge waste of time and very tedious. This should be a seemless process and much easier to identify.

May 6, 2014 11:17 AM in response to Chris CA

I am actually using 10.9.2 but that was not an option when I had to fill in the info for this forum question.

And selecting all movies and pressing DELETE does not work, at least not for me. When I do that iTunes

wants to hide all of the movies in my library versus deleting them from my computer. iTunes as a package has really become non-user friendly. Hopefully the next version will become a bit more simplified.

May 6, 2014 11:20 AM in response to mtvessell

mtvessell wrote:

And selecting all movies and pressing DELETE does not work, at least not for me. When I do that iTunes

wants to hide all of the movies in my library versus deleting them from my computer.

It is asking if you want to hide them in iCloud because they are no longer on your computer.

If they were on your computer, it would ask if you want to delete them from your library then ask if you want to delete them from the copmputer.

Identifying Downloaded Movies in iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.