Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

160gb ipod classic will not sync and freezes

Ipod freezes upon sync starting, and only way to disconnect is to manually power down PC. I don't believe there is an issue with iTunes and PC as separate iphone syncs with no issues. Have reset ipod and used clean USB ( ie not off hub) but it still freezes! The PC recognises ipod and there are no warning triangles etc! Do you think hard drive may be an issue? Otherwise ipod plays and charges....I just can't update!

iPod classic

Posted on May 6, 2014 2:04 PM

2 replies

May 8, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Mr Ramone

Hi Mr Ramone,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities. You have already gone through some excellent troubleshooting steps. After the Reset and USB isolation you have already tested, I would suggest you follow the next two steps in the following article.

iPod classic Troubleshooting Assistant

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/#

Reinstall

• ▪ To update and reinstall your iPod software, first download the latest version of iTunes.
  • ▪ Next, open the new version of iTunes and connect your iPod to your computer.
  • ▪ Select your iPod in the source list and click "Check for Update" under the Summary tab. iTunes will check to see if your iPod needs to be updated and perform the update for you.

If this does not resolve the issue, try completely uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling the latest version of iTunes. For more information select from the following: 

Mac OS X|XP|Vista

Have a great day,

-Joe

160gb ipod classic will not sync and freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.