Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to pay with gift card, but iTunes asking for bank card update

I have not used an iTunes gift card in a while - so maybe i am missing something.... I added my card, can see the $10 credit at the top of page, yet when i try to purchase, I am redirected to verify my bank card. Help?!

iPod touch (3rd generation)

Posted on May 6, 2014 9:03 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2014 11:21 AM in response to obxmoon

Hi obxmoon,

For assistance with your issue redeeming your gift card, you may want to look at the information in this article -

Redeeming iTunes Gift Cards and content codes

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1574

Where it says Get help -

• You might not be able to use your credit if you see a message that your credit is temporarily unavailable. You can try again later.
  • You can use store credit to purchase items until the credit is gone. See how much credit you have left.
  • Your iTunes account can have gift certificates, prepaid cards, allowance credits, and free song credits at the same time. Learn how your purchases are billed.
  • You need a credit card to purchase an iTunes Gift online.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Trying to pay with gift card, but iTunes asking for bank card update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.