Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install bootcamp in Macbook Air ?

I had a Windows 7 installer disk a for some time and I had backed it up as a iso in the computer with it's key. Now the disk is broken. I tried to burn it in another dvd but what happens is that when it asks for the Product key then I am not able to move my mouse and enter anything from the keyboard as if it does not recognize it at all. What I suspect is that it wants the bootcamp drivers and I have it too. But the question is how do I install them while Installing Windows! I have a Macbook Air mid 2014

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 7, 2014 3:15 AM

11 replies

May 24, 2015 2:30 AM in response to Learner1010

I want to install windows on my Macbook Air mid 2013 model. I tried to install windows through boot camp with the windows 7 drivers in a usb and the windows installer disk. But whenever the setup starts no matter what method i use the trackpad and keyboard are unresponsive. The problem differs with the installation of windows 8 however. Either way keyboard and trackpad stay inactive. So i just want a solution to enable them. And sorry for the late reply as i was busy for a year or so and didn't have time to see the forums.

I even read this article by apple but it didn't seem to help as much

Keyboard/trackpad inoperative, black screen, or alert messages when installing Windows 7 - Apple Support

Presently I am going to try to install Mavericks with my OS X install disk as apple states the issue does not persist in Mavericks in the above article.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

May 24, 2015 3:33 AM in response to Learner1010

And to clear the windows 8 doubt. Yes the trackpad does seem to work at the start of the setup so i can navigate choose my options language and start the installation. But once I have completed the installation it asks me to enter the product key and at that time again the trackpad and keyboard stop responding.

I didn't try connecting an external mouse and keyboard as I have only macs with me and hence no usb keyboards and mice as such. I cant get it from my neighbourhood as well ( they are like me ) and i don't want to buy one as i want the windows partition only for gaming. By the way i wrote it wrong in the initial question it is a macbook air mid 2013

I think manually installing the bootcamp drivers through my mac partition somehow would solve the problem. Any help on that would be valuable too.

How to install bootcamp in Macbook Air ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.