Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 mic is not working for FaceTime, recording videos or speakerphone calls.

My iPhone 4 mic works when I am on a call and for Siri, the mic is not working for FaceTime, recording videos or speakerphone calls. Is there something I can do to fix this without having to replace the phone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 7, 2014 5:46 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2014 7:01 AM in response to Zee2011

Hi Zee2011,

If you want to verify whether the issue can be resolved prior to having the phone serviced, you may want to double check each of the steps from the referring article:

Resolve the issue

Follow these steps, testing after each.

1. Make sure nothing is plugged in to the jack connector.
  2. Make sure nothing is blocking any of the microphones (refer to the pictures below to find your device's microphones). Check for these:
    • Dirt or debris
    • A screen protector or case
    • When you're holding your phone next to your ear, make sure you don't block the microphone with your fingers or shoulder and make sure to speak into the microphone
  3. Turn the iPhone off and then on.
  4. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  5. If necessary, find general iPhone hardware troubleshooting suggestions.
  6. For further assistance, contact Apple Support.

iPhone: Microphone issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5183

Regards,

- Brenden

My iPhone 4 mic is not working for FaceTime, recording videos or speakerphone calls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.