Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i am connecting ipad to hp laptop it not saying not charging it is charging its not browsing files

Please help

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on May 7, 2014 6:47 AM

4 replies

May 7, 2014 6:50 AM in response to Tushar12345678

the usb connections on most laptops are not strong enough to trigger the charging symbol on the pad. It is charging - just real slowly. If you leave it connected long enough, you will see the charge creep up. The best and fastest way to charge is to use the included wall unit that came with the pad.

not sure what your question is regarding browsing files. Make sure the laptop has the current version of Itunes for windows, and you can sync, and transfer files, music abd pictures etc via i tunes.

May 7, 2014 7:17 AM in response to Tushar12345678

just go ahead and plug it in. If you have the current i tune version on your computer, it should sart up. If it does not, start it manually. Dont worrt about the charge issue - it will trickle charge as you do your normal sync stuff. They are not mutually exclusive.

If you have it plugged it to the computer, and I tunes is not seeing your pad - you have a different issue. Is this PC or Mac? Is your I tunes version current?

when i am connecting ipad to hp laptop it not saying not charging it is charging its not browsing files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.