Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook iBooks says "Cannot connect to iBooks store"

I don't know why it says this or how to connect it. I've tried clicking on Sign in and Authorize this Computer, but nothing happens. I've also gone into Preferences > Store. Download automatically (the only choice there) is greyed out. How can I connect and get this set up with the rest of my iBooks through iCloud and connect to the store?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 7, 2014 7:25 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2014 12:44 PM in response to Lisa Hodgen

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then try the action that you're having trouble with again. Select any messages that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

☞ The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please do not indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

☞ Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

May 8, 2014 12:30 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Lisa, Hi Linc,

because I have the same issues, here comes my selective ⚠ log content:

kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent cpu-plimit-notification last value 1 (rounded time weighted average 1)

kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-external-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)

kernel[0]: IOPPF: Sent gpu-internal-plimit-notification last value 0 (rounded time weighted average 0)

bookstoreagent[2149]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9813)

kernel[0]: Sandbox: iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.suhelperd

kernel[0]: Sandbox: iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.installd

kernel[0]: Sandbox: iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.softwareupdated

kernel[0]: Sandbox: iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension/Users/XX/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.ibooks.CKSignInPrompt.hostclient

bookstoreagent[2149]: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9813)

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny mach-issue-extension com.apple.ls.boxd

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension /Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension /Applications

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension /Library/Updates

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist

sandboxd[335]: ([4419]) iBooks(4419) deny file-issue-extension /private/var/run/SoftwareUpdatesAvailable

com.apple.WebKit.WebContent[4423]: Configuring Web Process with CKStoreClient selector configureForBookstore

Sandbox: com.apple.WebKit(4423) deny mach-lookup com.apple.softwareupdated

Does that help to track down the problem somehow?

Any hint or tip would be highly appreciated!

BR

Projektör

MacBook iBooks says "Cannot connect to iBooks store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.