Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

youtube log-in and favorites working, but no subscriptions?

Hi all, strange problem with youtube on my 2 x Apple TVs (gen 1)

I can log into my Youtube account, and I can see my favorites (although they seem to be duplicated several times?)

but when I try to select subscriptions I get this message:

'No content was found. There are no subscriptions for this account on Youtube.'

anyone else getting this?

I checked my privacy settings in youtube and the 'Keep all my subscriptions private' box in unchecked

any ideas?

Posted on May 7, 2014 11:02 AM

4 replies

May 9, 2014 6:22 AM in response to Robert P

Hello there, Robert P.

The following Knowledge Base article addresses the YouTube issue you seem to be describing:

Apple TV (1st generation): Favorites and Subscriptions are not available when accessing a YouTube account

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3446

This can happen if Activity Sharing is disabled for the YouTube account. Enabling Activity Sharing for the account should allow you to view the content on Apple TV (1st generation).

On a web browser, sign in to your YouTube account, then enable the Activity Sharing option "Yes, allow a selected set of my activities to be viewable".

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

May 9, 2014 6:35 AM in response to pedro d

Hi pedro d, thanks for the reply, but your information is out of date,

youtube no longer has an 'Activity Sharing' option in the youtube settings,

these settings have been moved to the Privacy section

there is now a 'Keep all my subscriptions private' checkbox, which as I stated above is unchecked,

unless I'm looking in the wrong place? (quite possible!)

youtube log-in and favorites working, but no subscriptions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.