Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote unlock iPad Air to locate it

I need to remotely unlock IPad. I need who ever has stolen it to stay online long enough to locate.

Pleeeaaasssee help me

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 7, 2014 1:19 PM

8 replies

May 29, 2015 3:57 PM in response to varjak paw

"Cell connection turned off before the iPad was stolen"

THIS is what happened to one of my brothers & I landed here looking for a "remote unlock" solution. He travels all over the country & his iPad would 'roam' - wasting data. SO, he would turn the wifi off & on, only as needed. Sadly, it was off when he "lost" it - it wasn't stolen. I have tried to help him, so far by turning on the "lost mode" - which is great if someone can get past his passcode [forget about the thumbprint] and then go into settings & connect to wifi. I think it's really lost for good, unless a hacker with a heart - is there such a thing? - gets past the code & sees the onscreen message (which includes his phone number) that the device is lost and calls him... Such a shame he just got it in December 😟 HARD lesson learned.

Another family member had a laptop stolen a few years ago - from his vehicle. It took SIX WEEKS - BUT the police DID finally locate it; well GPS did. It went through three people [so they say] before the code could be hacked to use the laptop. The police said secure your vehicle, or take your devices in your house - but NEVER lock your device - it shuts down the GPS. Had someone not been able to hack into it they most likely would have tossed it into the trash...The device was returned to the original owner by the police.

Jun 5, 2016 3:28 AM in response to Unifyapple

Sorry about that.

As I was saying, your response makes me quite anxious.

- believe hacker is getting into the Air 2 wirelessly, despite the "wireless" stating "wireless off"

- I keep my "wireless" setting in SETTINGS to "off" at all times…

-- only when Air2

--- needs wireless access to download a system update or

--- needs to load a particularly large program from the App Store

- I Then turn it off

Believe hacker is getting into Air 2, and

-- Turning on my wireless remotely

-- inserting something

-- Then logging off.

I Did catch a glimpse of an Apple msg that said "wireless activated message."

-- Msg was gone, "allow wireless" message was gone, and wireless was set to "Off" again

Is there an OS malware program that can

1) change "wireless off" to "wireless on, then back to "wireless off"

2) Create its own insertion point,

3) Insert malware

4) Back itself out

thank you for all your help!

Remote unlock iPad Air to locate it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.