Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad shows disabled, connect to itunes but when i try to connect it shows 'To allow access please respond on your iPad' how do i respond from iPad when it is showing disabled???

Please help

my ipad shows disabled, connect to itunes but when i try to connect to itunes using my itunes on my new laptop it shows 'To allow access please respond on your iPad' how do i respond from iPad when it is showing disabled???

iPad 2

Posted on May 8, 2014 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2014 1:04 AM

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.

DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note:

1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup

2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2014 1:04 AM in response to Lohit1977

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.

DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note:

1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup

2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.

Oct 19, 2014 6:45 PM in response to Diavonex

i have this same problem, but i cannot do a force reset... When i hold in the home and sleep/wake button nothing happens, I have tried these same steps over and over again. Neither the apple or the itunes logo ever pop up.. The screen just stays black. I recently replaced the digitizer after my son cracked the screen. I have made sure that nothing was injured during repair. I did put the digitizer ribbon in wrong and then the screen was not working correctly. I had put the ribbon in backwards. So after the first wrong installation of the digitizer, i tried to unlock the screen with my passcode but it obviously wasn't working.. i would touch the number for the passcode but the screen would respond somewhere else..so i kept getting the passcode wrong and then BAM! Ipad disabled.. so i took a break from the frustration... When i returned to my ipad i took it back apart and thats when i realized that i had the digitizer ribbon in backwards, so i fixed it and replaced the screen once again.. But now the ipad is disabled, and for some reason it will not respond when i try to shut it down all the way, no red slider at all...so i bout a apple data transfer cable and i tried to connect it to itunes and hold the buttons like i read to do in the article, and my computer recognizes that my ipad is there,,, it tells me that i have to allow access and to respond on my ipad.. but sadly i cannot.. nothing appears on the ipad.. it stays a black screen and then when i lt go the "ipad is disabled" screen comes on.....

Then i read online that i could restore from icloud.com, so i go there, i sign in just fine but my ipad is not listed in the devices there either... it says " No Devices, You must be signed into iOS8 settings or Mac OS Yosemite system preferences to see devices."

And i dont believe the ipad is up to date, it had been unused for about 2 months, until last week when i attempted to fix it :-(

So im totally lost, I dont have a clue what to do to get my device recognized. I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give,, Thank you so much in advance!!!

Dec 26, 2014 10:23 AM in response to Diavonex

I have the same problem as the original poster when I connect my disabled Ipad to iTunes. When I follow the steps above (1-4) and my Ipad and it goes into recovery mode but my iTunes does not recognized it in recovery mode. I've tired most everything on this site with the exception of completely uninstalling iTunes on my laptop and re-installing it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Randy

Feb 3, 2016 7:46 AM in response to Diavonex

I had the same problem. Everything went fine until the downloaded file reached 1.09 Gb (out of 1.55 Gb)... then the iPad screen went black and iTunes displayed an error message. The next time I connected the iPad the same way, iTunes displayed different messages on top as "waiting for ipad" and "restoring ipad software" and a progress bar was showing under the apple logo on the ipad. At the end, it finally worked... but what a mission!!!

my ipad shows disabled, connect to itunes but when i try to connect it shows 'To allow access please respond on your iPad' how do i respond from iPad when it is showing disabled???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.