Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way I can get my old notes out of Outlook and onto my iPhone and iPad? Since I've been using Outlook 2013 notes no longer sync. Thank you.

Hi,

Until recently I'd been quite happily syncing my Outlook notes between my PC/iCloud/iPhone/iPad. However, when I transferred to Outlook 2013, where notes are still stored but no longer supported, I've found I have several notes in my Outlook notes module which can't now sync to my devices.

Is there any way I can get those notes still left in Outlook 2013 into my iCloud account and therefore onto my iPad and iPhone?

I have tried forwarding a note to myself as an email attachment but I can't open it in a form which would allow be to save it as a note once I receive it. I can export my notes as an Outlook.PSD file or as a CSV file; but I don't know if it is possible to get that data into separate notes. The best alternative I can think of myself is opening the iCloud.com page and copying and pasting note information into new notes. That would be laborious, but possible I guess.

I'd be really grateful for any help.

Thanks very much.

Karen

iOS 7.1.1, iPad3, iPhone 5s, Windows 8

Posted on May 8, 2014 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2014 9:25 AM

Hello Karen

Check out the quoted section below to see if you any subject line is causing the issue of them not syncing.

iOS: Syncing Notes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191

Unable to sync notes with Outlook

If notes are not syncing from Outlook, verify that you don't have any notes with no content or subject in Outlook. These notes can prevent Outlook from syncing as expected; removing them or adding a subject should allow syncing to resume

Regards,

-Norm G.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2014 9:25 AM in response to KazzieF

Hello Karen

Check out the quoted section below to see if you any subject line is causing the issue of them not syncing.

iOS: Syncing Notes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4191

Unable to sync notes with Outlook

If notes are not syncing from Outlook, verify that you don't have any notes with no content or subject in Outlook. These notes can prevent Outlook from syncing as expected; removing them or adding a subject should allow syncing to resume

Regards,

-Norm G.

Is there any way I can get my old notes out of Outlook and onto my iPhone and iPad? Since I've been using Outlook 2013 notes no longer sync. Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.