Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s without wifi

The wifi on my iphone 4s does not work, I just updated to the latest ios version and yet it doesn't work. Back in february I had my phone into service because the top button did not work and I got a new iphone 4s, on this model the wifi does not work, however I haven't really done anything as I have 6GB a month in the 3g network so I am doing fine however there are places without 3g and then I'm basicially screwed. I wonder if there is anything I can do, I got my iphone for over two years ago and the back panel of it is cracked. I also tried resetting the network settings, didn't change anything.

Posted on May 8, 2014 11:56 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2014 8:06 AM in response to WilliamCaamot

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. You can use the following article to troubleshooting your Wi-Fi connection issues:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

If the initial steps are unsuccessful, there are additional steps to try depending on specific symptoms.

Regards,

Jeff D.

Jul 13, 2015 6:06 AM in response to jeffd55

^ Tried that to no avail

I have an iPhone 4S bought in November 2015. I recently upgraded to IOS 8.4 and it seemed to be working fine.

When I woke up on Sunday 12 July 2015, I discovered that the wifi button, in settings, was greyed out and so I cannot connect to any wifi networks.

I have tried resetting the phone and restoring the phone to factory settings - neither of which worked

I plan to visit my local Apple Store in the next couple of days to seek advice.

All I can find online are suggestions to heat up the device and/or put it in the freezer - neither of which sound very sensible to me.

Any other suggestions? My phone is out of warranty so will I have to pay for a repair?

iphone 4s without wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.