Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up iCloud on my hp laptop

I set up iCloud on my hp laptop. It tells me that I have a valid Apple ID, but not an iCloud account. What did I do wrong? (not a Mac user)

Windows 7

Posted on May 8, 2014 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2014 6:33 PM

You are getting this message because you are trying to create an iCloud account on a PC. You have to first create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account using this ID on your PC.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2014 6:33 PM in response to samcards

You are getting this message because you are trying to create an iCloud account on a PC. You have to first create your iCloud account on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) running iOS 5 or higher, or on a Mac running OS X Lion (10.7.5) or higher. After creating your account on one of these devices you will then be able to sign into the account using this ID on your PC.

May 8, 2014 7:01 PM in response to samcards

If you have your own iOS devices, the easiest thing to do is to create it on your device. To do this, go to Settings>iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID to create your account. After doing this, you can sign in with the ID on your PC.

If you have to create it on her Mac, go to System Preferences>iCloud, click Sign Out, choose Delete at all of the prompts (which sound scary, but the data will still be in iCloud). Then sign back in with your ID to create your account, sign back out again, then sign back in with her ID and her iCloud data will download back to her Mac. You can then use your ID to sign into your new iCloud account on your PC.

If you ren into any problems doing this, just reply back to this thread.

set up iCloud on my hp laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.