Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network not networking

Not sure what happened to my network but here is the problem.

When I start from a clean restart everything seems fine, I can connect to the internet no problem. When I want to connect to the office network I go to "go""connect to server". When I hit "browse" the finder window shows up for 1/2 a second and disappears. When I click "browse" again and click on the network icon nothing shows up.

I can however type in the address and connect to another MAC. I cant see anyone but they can all see me thru the network.

Anybody having the same issue or know how to fix this?

Thanks!

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Aug 29, 2006 5:55 AM

6 replies

Mar 5, 2015 6:33 PM in response to besous

I checked everything and it is the same as the other MACS (other than my IP).
The date is also correct on my MAC.

Thanks.

Sep 10, 2006 9:43 PM in response to Community User

OK, it's been a week and no activity here in this thread. I have the same issue. When I first start up everything is fine. I see the two networked disks I have. Then after a sleep and a wake, I can only connect to the disks by manually entering them using option-K in the Finder.

I'll keep digging in the forums here for an answer, but any help would be appreciated. -E

Hammerhead Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Hammerhead Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Network not networking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.