Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

U'SB Devices Disabled' warning 'Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices' - how do I sort this to use my lexar card reader that I've downloaded from before without this issue?

Can you help me sort this warning message I am getting for the first time using a Lexar card reader to download images? -

USB Devices Disabled

Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices.

I have used this card reader before with no problem. Yesterday I did charge my Go Pro camera from this Macbook and I wonder if I didn’t disconnect it properly. Could that have triggered this and any suggestions how I sort it out?

I'm fairly new to macs and and on a steep learning curve. Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 9, 2014 1:31 AM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2017 9:01 AM in response to Photographer Dawn

I also have a later 2013 macbook pro (OS X 10.10.5) and I started getting the same message - there is no external USB device connected. The message comes on and off fairly capriciously (to the best of my observation powers) , and every time I reboot. Closing the window does not discourage it from returning, with a vengeance. Keyboard and mouse work, and so does the internal card reader. Is this a sign of the microsoftication of Apple ?

Any help, anyone ?

U'SB Devices Disabled' warning 'Unplug the device using too much power to re-enable USB devices' - how do I sort this to use my lexar card reader that I've downloaded from before without this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.