Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple WiFi devices and epson printers

Hello,

is it really necessary to restart my Aiport device to force the printer to re-connect to the airport

network? One day it works, the other day it doesn't work or my printer just seems to have a bad mood today.

When I plug-in my printer to the aiport device via USB cable, the scan function is not available. (Which is

an essential "sales pitch" to use the airport devices as a "printer sharing" device" ... or did

I miss something here.)

When I plug-in the printer to the computer via USB, the scan function is available.

When I connect the printer over WiFi, the printer and scan function are both available ... but

the printer has always difficulties to re-connect to the airport network. Therefore, I need to restart

the main Airport device to force the printer to re-connect to the Wifi-Network.

Is this what you call "Rapid Prototyping"?

After years and years of development, I believe it SHOULD WORK NOW!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 9, 2014 3:38 AM

3 replies

May 10, 2014 6:46 PM in response to artnative

An AirPort's USB port has never supported scanners: Uses for the USB port of Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express

The network connection problem is likely to be solved by assigning the printer a static IP address. Consult the printer's documentation. You will need to delete the existing printer queue and create a new one.

A printer connected via your wireless network and the same printer connected any other way will require separate entries in System Preferences > Print & Scan.

Apple WiFi devices and epson printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.