Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how I can delete the contacts that were synced to my contact list from my ex-boyfriend's phone?

Does anyone know how I can delete the contacts that were synced to my contact list from my ex-boyfriend's phone? We were previously sharing an iMac and I can't get rid of his information. I still have his contact list synced to my iphone, my ipad and now my brand new iMac! Help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 9, 2014 5:43 AM

5 replies

May 9, 2014 5:54 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Is there any way to go through them and delete them all at once? I can delete them individually, but there's hundreds of them for his home and work... I remember him setting up the contact lists to pair together from our individual iPads and iPhones (both on separate itunes accounts), but I can't access the same settings screen as it was originally set up on because of the different updates installed since then. I have also since bought a new iPhone and a new iMac, and without having made any modifications to the settings I have his contacts on them too. Very frustrating.

May 9, 2014 6:00 AM in response to DMF1251

Once they have been merged, separating is a tough proposition, especially without the two original files that were merged.

If your contact list is small, you could do the brute force approach and print the list, delete the entire contact content, then one at a time add your contacts. If you only have a small number that might turn out to be quicker than deleting hundreds you don't want.

Does anyone know how I can delete the contacts that were synced to my contact list from my ex-boyfriend's phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.