Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There are 2 users on my MAC. We both share the same iPhoto library.

There are 2 users on my MAC. We both share the same iPhoto library. When we swap users and open iPhoto we a message that says "Examining Photo Library" then we get an error message the reads "There is a problem accessing one or more files in your iPhoto library. Do you want iPhoto to repair permissions for this"

We repair this every time but still get the same result every either one of us use iPhoto

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 9, 2014 7:08 AM

4 replies

May 9, 2014 8:40 AM in response to LarryHN

iPhoto 11 version 9.4.3 (720.91) and OS x 10.7.5 (11G63) The shared iPhoto was set up by Apple in their Reading shop some 3-4 years ago. It has been working fine until a couple of months ago. I have created a second library but the result is the same. Not sure if there is a fault with a "thumb nail" somewhere?

pt

May 9, 2014 8:43 AM in response to pt2912

The problem is that the iPhoto Library is a very complex ecosystem of interlinked files, metadata and db files all with quite particular permissions.

Later versions of OS X, from 10.7 on, cause persistant issue with the Library permissions. There is no fix for this.

The only way around it is to use an external drive.

There are 2 users on my MAC. We both share the same iPhoto library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.