Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth call quality - distortion (iphone 5s)

I'm using an iPhone 5s with the LG HBS730 (Tone+). I'm having problems with the audio quality during phone calls with this headset - using the handset or speaker phone is fine, and music sounds great on the headset. I would describe it as sounding distorted like speakers being played too loudly or blown out, but this distortion is present at all volumes levels with the headset. The problem is less present when someone speaks softly.

I do not have trouble controlling the volume of the headset, unlike some other users have reported - the controls are very responsive.

I've tried re-pairing the headset and the phone - nothing changed. This was also a problem under iOS 7.0.4 - i tried upgrading, hoping the issue would be fixed.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 9, 2014 9:38 AM

10 replies

bluetooth call quality - distortion (iphone 5s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.