Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY own library?

So when i first got my iphone i was a stubborn teenager and signed up myself. Problem is i created a new itunes account. (back in august) This wouldnt be so bad if i could access my familys library! Today i went to sync my phone to itunes so i could get a new ringtone! but it wouldnt let me! SO how do i gain access to my familys library? Do i have to restore my phone? All help is appreciated.😍

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 9, 2014 11:55 AM

1 reply

May 11, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Jonom86

Hi Jonom86,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

It's a good thing that you created your own unique Apple ID to keep your contacts, calendars, Photo Stream, etc. So you could choose to use the new Apple ID for your iCloud, and sign in with your family's Apple ID to access the iTunes Store. Or, you could choose to consolidate all of these purchases into your new Apple ID. The article below explains these options in more detail. Be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions section.

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4895

I have purchased music, apps, or books with multiple Apple IDs. How can I get all of this content onto my iOS device?

First, you need to copy all of your purchased content so it is on the same Mac or PC with iTunes. This computer should be the one you sync your device with. For more information on how to move your content, see these articles:

Next, authorize your computer to play content with each Apple ID in iTunes. Once your computer is authorized for all your content, it can be synced to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Another way to access your family's iTunes Library is via Home Sharing:

Home Sharing your iTunes libraries among your family computers

Home Sharing enables you to stream or transfer music, movies, TV shows, apps, and more among up to five authorized computers in your household. To do so, you will need to turn on Home Sharing on each computer using the sameApple ID. Once set up, all the libraries from these computers will show up in the Shared area of iTunes:

With Home Sharing, you can stream music and video from one authorized computer to another, or drag music between computer libraries. You can also choose to have iTunes automatically import purchases you make on any of your Home Sharing computers to your own library. To do so, select the library and use the Settings button at the lower right of the iTunes window to select what you'd like copied.

Cheers,

- Judy

MY own library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.