Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do only 74 of the 342 songs on my IPOD NANO (3rd Generation) play on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Why do only 74 of the 342 songs on my IPOD NANO (3rd Gereation) play on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe?

iPod nano, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 9, 2014 12:57 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Derfie100

I contacted Hyundai and they said:

Below is a list of guidelines regarding file formats that are supported by the audio system in your Santa Fe.

- The System may not play unauthenticated MP3 or WMA files.

- It can only play MP3 files with the compression rate between 8Kbps~320Kbps.

- It can only play WMA music files with the compression rate between 8Kbps~320Kbps.

- Music files protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) are not recognizable.

I am using the cable that came with the IPOD as instructed by Hyundai. How can I convert all my ITUNES music files to comply with the above guidelines?

May 11, 2014 9:16 AM in response to Derfie100

Hi Derfie100,

It does sound like the song formats may be the issue to me as well. There is a process built into iTunes that allows you to convert your songs to a different file format. The steps are in the To convert a song’s file format section of the following article.

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550

To convert a song's file format

1. Open iTunes Preferences.
    Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences.
    Mac: Choose iTunes > Preferences.
  2. Click the General button, then click the Importing Settings… button in the lower section of the window.
  3. From the Import Using pop-up menu, choose the encoding format that you want to convert the song to, then click OK to save the settings.
  4. Select one or more songs in your library, then from the File > Create New Version menu, choose one of the following (the menu item changes to show what's selected in your Importing preferences):
    • Create MP3 version
    • Create AAC version
    • Create AIFF version
    • Create WAV version
    • Create Apple Lossless version

If you haven't imported some songs into iTunes yet, you can import and convert them at the same time. This will create a converted copy of the file in your iTunes Library based on your iTunes preferences. To convert all the songs in a folder or on a disk, hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) and choose File > Create New Version > Convert [import preference setting]. The Import preference setting will match what you chose in step 3. iTunes will prompt you for the location of the folder or disk you want to import and convert. All the songs in the folder or on the disk will be converted. Note: Older purchased songs are encoded using a Protected AAC format that prevents them from being converted. If you need to convert these to another format, follow the instructions in this article to upgrade them.

The song in its original format and the newly converted song appear in your library.

Thanks for reaching out,

-Joe

why do only 74 of the 342 songs on my IPOD NANO (3rd Generation) play on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.