Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having an issue with importing an iPhoto library to another Mac...

Here's the story in a nutshell: Mackbook was wiped by Apple repairers due to graphics issue. Luckily, I backed everything up. I ended up backing my iphoto library onto a single flash drive since it has over 9,000 photos.

The issue: Importing seems impossible. I copied the library onto the desktop and attempted importing the library into iphoto (attempted 2 times), and iphoto has multiplied all photos by ten. After a night of importing, I noticed 90,000 photos were in iPhoto (these photos were oviously dupilicates... I don't know the proper word for an item times ten, tenplicates?.) Anyway, can anyone help me out?

I've accessed the flash drive's iphoto library on another mac, and it appears to be normal (no duplicates).

Does anyone out there know what I could possibly be doing wrong? I really don't feel like making a Genious appt....

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 9, 2014 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2014 4:34 PM

Fixed problem

Mac was not updated to latest iPhoto. Thus, I had to get the new version of iphoto, and all of my images popped up (not-duplicated!)

2 replies

Having an issue with importing an iPhoto library to another Mac...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.