Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HP Photosmart 4480 its not scaning on my MAC OS X Mavericks 10.9.2

My mac have OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 and my HP Photosmart C4480 its printing fine but im having trouble scaning, when i checked on apple site printer softwares i dont see mine listed only the HP photosmart C4400, y deleted/added few times and the scanner still isnt working, any sugestions?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 9, 2014 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2014 4:08 PM

Hi..

There's an alternative for scanning when the printer / scanner model driver isn't available.

Launch Image Capture located in your Applications folder.

Connect the scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

If you need help with the Image Capture software, click Help from the Image Capture menu bar.

And here > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2014 4:08 PM in response to Viajersa

Hi..

There's an alternative for scanning when the printer / scanner model driver isn't available.

Launch Image Capture located in your Applications folder.

Connect the scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

If you need help with the Image Capture software, click Help from the Image Capture menu bar.

And here > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

My HP Photosmart 4480 its not scaning on my MAC OS X Mavericks 10.9.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.