Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will all my albums be in the right category

im about to burn all my albums to itunes will they all be in the right albums?

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 10, 2014 5:42 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2014 10:28 AM in response to LloydBond2014

Presumably, you mean that you are going to import all your albums to iTunes, either by importing from CD or by adding previously ripped music that is already on your computer, or in digital form. (Burning is the process of putting music from a computer onto a CD. The laser burns the information on to the CD.)

• For music imported from CD, the answer is yes, providing that you let iTunes look up the CD in Gracenote at import time.
  • For music that is already on your computer, in digital form, that depends on whether the digital file has the correct tag information in it. This will depend upon where and how you obtained the music.
    • Digital music purchased from sources such as the iTunes Store, or Amazon, will have the song name, artist name and album name "in the file" when you download it from the store. The genre will also be in the file, but their choice of genre may not always be yours! You simply need to edit the song's genre in your Library if needed.
    • Digital music from other stores - should be the same as above.
    • Digital music obtained directly from the artist depends upon the artist. They don't always get it right.
    • Digital music from "other" sources, such as non-legal downloads; unknown! But that's the price that is paid for illegal downloading. I am not suggesting that you would do such a thing.
    • Music imported from vinyl sources: depends upon the method of creating the digital file, but probably not.

will all my albums be in the right category

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.