Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth of the Macbook Pro 13 "(mid 2012) with poor signal and constant interruptions

I have a macbook pro 13" mid 2012, no retina display, with OS X 10.9.2 (Mavericks), and your bluetooth device it loses the signal when placing a barrier on the right side of the mac, the output of the optical drive (CD / DVD).

The signal is severely reduced. Just hold the Mac 's right, put my hand in front of the optical drive or turn the machine a little longer and the interference occurs.

I have a set of boxes bluetooth Sony sound and audio is constantly interrupted. I just put my hand in front of the optical drive, at a distance of about 30 centimeters (11.81 inches), and the bluetooth signal (RSSI) fell from -54dbm to -83dbm. The connection was lost completely.

Then I turned the right side of the Mac otherwise the speakers meaning and dropped signal of -54dbm to -75dBm. In this test there were no barriers in front of the optical drive. The audio suffered severe interference. The sound was inaudible.

I did other tests. The same loss occurs with the magic mouse and Apple keyboard bluetooh. Tests done in multiple locations without other nearby connections. Not occurring interference from other devices.

This is a feature of the bluetooth device mac or my computer has a hardware problem?

I thank anyone who can help me.

P.S.: Forgive me for my bad english. I used the Google translator.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 10, 2014 9:05 AM

4 replies

Jan 28, 2015 2:22 PM in response to thiagueirass

Hi,

I have exactly your same problem with one bluetooth audio receiver from logitech and one Macbook Pro 13", mid 2012, all the others computer are working without problem in my room except of the Macbook Pro 13", i've tried of one from a friend of mine same model and same problem. I really would like to have a solution for this problem, i have tried with give more quality to the bluetooth agent, using a command from the terminal, but is not really working 😟. Here if you want to try the link where the show it:

http://bencollier.net/2011/04/improve-compressed-bluetooth-audio-on-mac/

Jul 6, 2015 11:03 PM in response to thiagueirass

I have the exact same problem with my Macbook Pro 13 (mid-2012) purchased couple of months earlier this year. The laptop is currently with Apple. I tried searching if anyone else had this problem with their MBP but couldn't find any complaints so I thought it's just my machine.

Apple has already tried replacing the logic board without any success and now they are going to change the display because apparently the Bluetooth card is placed on the display (iFixit, however, shows the card's location on the logic board: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+13-Inch+Unibody+Mid+2012+AirPort-Blueto oth+Board+Replacement/10363). My laptop is under warranty so I don't have to pay for it but I was frustrated with this problem because even a little bit of movement of the laptop would drop the music playback. If your laptop is still under warranty, you should take it to Apple and ask them to fix the problem. I'll update here once I receive any updates from Apple. Apple doesn't have their own service center in India and since I'm based in India, things are going pretty slow with my repair. It's already been more than 3 weeks now and they are still not sure what is causing the problem exactly. I suspect the problem is with antenna rather than the Bluetooth card itself (I remember reading something about antennae problem on Macbook Pro somewhere).

Please let me know if you find a solution so that I can inform Apple about it. I'll also refer to your post when I talk to Apple next time and let them know that mine is not the only machine having this problem.

Bluetooth of the Macbook Pro 13 "(mid 2012) with poor signal and constant interruptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.