Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2nd generation iPod Shuffle is blinking orange when I connect it to my computer.

My 2nd generation iPod Shuffle is blinking orange when I connect it to my computer. I does not show up under the Devices tab in iTunes so I can't restore it. I understand that the blinking light means that at some time the disk was enabled to use (the manual says if the light blinks orange while connected it can be because it's a) syncing with iTunes or b) enabled for disk use). I understand all of that, I just don't know what to do since the Shuffle won't show up in iTunes. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted on May 11, 2014 12:09 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2014 9:06 AM in response to bkize

Hi bkize,

To get your iPod shuffle to show up in iTunes you may want to go through the steps in this article -

iPod shuffle (4th generation): Not seen in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3572

The article is for the 4th generation iPod shuffle but the information is valid for other models. Note the references at the bottom -

If the issue persists, please follow one of these articles, depending on the symptoms and operating system:

Mac OS X users:

Windows users:

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

My 2nd generation iPod Shuffle is blinking orange when I connect it to my computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.