Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink faded screen displaying google chrome on every gray background iMac

So, I just bought a new iMac earlier this year and today I noticed that I have a problem.

I was browsing on google chrome and I quit google chrome ... Afterwards I opened up photoshop, logic whatever anything with a gray background.

A faded view of the previous page "google chrome" is being displayed in pink visible only over any dark background (pictures attached)

It keeps on showing youtube screen faded in pink

Description of attached image :

So the attached image is showing Adobe Photoshop, opened up and google chrome was quitted but you can still see pink faded traces of google chrome on any gray background which doesn't want to disappear.

Yesterday this happened again and I switched of my iMac left it off for a few minutes and switched on again. The problem was gone but today the same thing happened ....

Please someone help me as I'm kind of disappointed not to find an apple 24/7 live support 😟

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:45 AM

Have a look at > Avoiding image persistence on Apple LCD displays

Personally I set my Display Sleep to 10 minutes

User uploaded file

and/or use a Hot Corner to sleep my Display when I'm not using it.

User uploaded file

3 replies

May 11, 2014 11:09 AM in response to den.thed

Hi den.thed

First of all thanks a lot for your rapid reply...

I turned off my pc again for a few minutes and back on again and it disappeared but i'm worrying this will continue to happen as I use my iMac daily for a long time...

I set the settings you told me and thanks again

But, is this considered to be a damage / faulty hardware issue ? or not ?

Will this problem be able to ruin any of my hardware ? (display, Gfx Card)

Shall I send my iMac in a repair centre or shall I not worry about this ?

Thanks a lot 😉

Eric

Pink faded screen displaying google chrome on every gray background iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.