Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my ipod nano to turn off from the black screen? I restored it 3 times and charged it for a full day but its just a blank screen. What do I do??

How do I get my ipod nano (7th generation) to turn off from the black screen? I restored it 3 times and charged it for a full day but its just a blank screen. What do I do?? It shows that it is on on itunes but i cant hear music and it won't even show the apple logo when i try and restore it.

iPod nano, 7th generation

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:39 AM

1 reply

May 13, 2014 6:58 AM in response to TheGuru146

Hi TheGuru146,

It sounds like the iPod isn't restoring correctly. Try putting the it into Disk Mode manually and then restoring the iPod again as described in the article linked below.

Putting iPod into Disk Mode

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1363

iPod nano (7th generation)

1. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it has a charge.
  2. Reset the device by pressing the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until the display shows the Apple logo. This should take about eight seconds.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk Mode.

-Jason

How do I get my ipod nano to turn off from the black screen? I restored it 3 times and charged it for a full day but its just a blank screen. What do I do??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.