Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proxy Error The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /message/25729961. Reason: Error reading from remote server Apache/2.2.3 (Oracle) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fi

I have been having quite a bit of trouble logging into the Apple forums over the last hour. This message keeps on appearing in Safari on BOTH my iPad AND Mac Mini:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /message/25729961.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Apache/2.2.3 (Oracle) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 Server at discussions.apple.com Port 80
User uploaded file

1.) What does this message mean?

2.) Is there anything I need to do to fix this issue if it comes up again?

3.) Is this anything to worry about?

Posted on May 11, 2014 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:01 PM

1. Basically, there's a problem on one of the servers which the ASC is hosted on.

2. It's not at your end. Nothing needs to be or can be done on your devices to resolve it.

3. No.

(106571)

3 replies

Proxy Error The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server. The proxy server could not handle the request GET /message/25729961. Reason: Error reading from remote server Apache/2.2.3 (Oracle) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.