Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch ID failed

So recently my touch ID stopped working. I went into the touch ID settings and seen that it was turned off...when i try to turn it on it immediately tells me to "place my finger" like it normally did when i first registered...however this time it doesnt give me a chance to register at all...it jumps to a screen that says "FAILED. SORRY THE OPERATION WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL. PLEASE GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN" HEEEELP!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2014 10:49 PM

Try to "Reset All Settings" in General > Reset

please refer tohttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT5883 for more info on Touch ID

4 replies

Jan 29, 2015 8:41 PM in response to vivalatoni

After I've replaced my Full cracked LCD, I got this MSG “Failed. Unable to complete Touch ID setup. Please go back and try again.”, I've tried Software Solutions (Reset, Erase All setting,..), nothing works, and than I got another New LCD I've tried it but still the same issue, it's like two hours searching for the main problem,what I found guys is each iPhone has an individual sensor (the home button), I mean you can't use a full screen replacement and put it directly on the phone what you gonna do is to take the sensor button from the cracked screen and place it into the new one, each sensor represent a specific iPhone (my experience was with iPhone 5s), so if the original home button is broken you will not be able to use fingerprints any more.
Thank you guys

touch ID failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.