Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update Microsoft Office for Mac

User uploaded file

Everytime I try to update my Microsoft Office 2011 on my Macbook Pro i get these message.. I cant even see these two applications open? Any one got any ideas how i can update office a different way or get around this?

Thanks

Posted on May 12, 2014 2:30 AM

1 reply

May 14, 2014 6:45 AM in response to paultemple77

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing when trying to update Microsoft Office. It sounds like there a couple of running applications that are blocking the update.

I recommend quitting these applications using Activity Monitor. Use these steps (you can also find Activity Monitor in Applications > Utilities if you do not have Launchpad on your system):

1. Open Activity Monitor, in the Utilities folder in Launchpad.
  2. Select the process you want to quit.
  3. Click Quit Process.
  4. Do one of the following:
    • Click Quit. The process quits when it is safe to do so. If quitting the process could cause data loss or interfere with another application, the process doesn’t quit. This is the same as choosing File > Quit within an application.
    • Click Force Quit. The process quits immediately. If the process has open files, you may lose data. If the process is used by other applications or processes, those applications or processes could experience problems. To see if a process is used by another process, choose “All Processes, Hierarchically” from the Show pop-up menu in the toolbar.

Find the full article here:

Activity Monitor: Quit a process

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5147

One of the running applications you have listed in the message is SyncServices. You can find more information about SyncServices here:

About SyncServices

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

I can't update Microsoft Office for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.