Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not receiving OTP text messages on iPhone 5s from my UK bank although the number is correct

I bank with Santander in the UK and they need to send me One Time Passcodes for security from time to time. I recently changed the OTP mobile phone number associated with my account to a US phone (which the bank accept is OK and they confirm that the number is correct) but I am not receiving the text messages they send when I want to make a payment. The bank confirms they are sending the messages. US Cellular say that Push messages are enabled on my account and the Iphone 5s appears to be enabled for Push Notifications (I used the iPusher app to check).

What am I missing?

Can anyone pleae help?

Thanks

iPhone 5s

Posted on May 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 10:59 AM

Hi I’m from Chennai,India this issue because of the iMessage settings in your iPhone Goto Settings-> Messages-> Send & Receive just select your number on both send from and Receive don’t ever select your Apple ID.

10 replies

Jan 6, 2017 1:26 PM in response to E.L.F.

I have the same problem. I have spoken to the bank twice at least. They have checked that the OTP have gone out, and they have.

I contacted Verizon, my network carrier about the issue, to see if they had put any blocks on my account.

I wasn't 100% convinced the person I spoke to, knew what I was talking about. She was more interested in selling me the "International Package" which I told her I already have. This didn't stop her trying to sell it to me.

I got the feeling it was more what they can get out of you than what they can do for you.

Santander Uk have now, changed my account to a more secure one where, if I'm going to do any transfers, I have to ring them. Hopefully this will solve the problem of the missing OTPs.

Cheers

May 13, 2014 9:26 PM in response to E.L.F.

I also have this same problem.

Santander insist that they have customers all over the world that still have their UK Santander Bank Account and that are able to receive OTPs in order to service their accounts.

They have also run a diagnostic and they were able to tell me the exact date the messages were sent and whether they were sent successfully or not. 7 out of 8 were sent successfully and 'delivered' to the network.

T-Mobile say they have no issues their end but they do not guarantee the delivery of international messages?!

Its so frustrating, there must be a way!

I am not receiving OTP text messages on iPhone 5s from my UK bank although the number is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.