Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable wifi at login window for network accounts

I have some MacBook Pros bound to AD that will only be connected to our network via wifi, but network users will need to be able to login. I understand that wifi settings are stored in the user keychain, and since there is no user loaded at the login screen, there is no wifi available. So it's a catch 22...I can't login without wifi, but I need to be logged in in order to access the wifi.

I have tried some solutions around that involve creating a .mobileconfig file with apple configurator and then modifying that to load wifi settings into the system profile, but have been unsuccessful (everything I have seen has been for <= 10.8).

Are there any solutions to enabling wifi at the login window for mavericks 10.9?

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on May 12, 2014 3:42 PM

4 replies

May 13, 2014 8:50 AM in response to smith.kyle

Our wireless network is setup as 3 separate SSIDs using 802.1X RADIUS

Device-Network

Associate-Network

Guest-Network

When we authenticate against AD, its using Device-Network. It's using a computer account to connect to this wireless SSID.

Once we log on as a user, it uses Associate-Network.

Your Mac needs to authenticate to a wireless network prior to login. You need to use 802.1X for this to work properly. That account must be part of AD or OD.

Enable wifi at login window for network accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.