Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I m facing challenges while connecting to wi fi , i bought my 5s in dubai , however this is a verizon carrier activated device , so i m not getting support from apple uae, plz suggest , i bought 5s to simplify things and ended up making things very comple

I m facing challenges while connecting to wi fi , i bought my 5s in dubai , however this is a verizon carrier activated device from US , so i m not getting support from apple uae, plz suggest , i bought 5s to simplify things and ended up making things very complex

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 13, 2014 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2014 4:49 AM

Warranty, service, and support are valid only in the country in which the iPhone was purchased new. It sounds as though you purchased a US phone in Dubai, so the warranty is valid only in US (or wherever the phone was purchased new).

11 replies

May 14, 2014 6:05 AM in response to Rkzz

You have not replied in full.

Check here warranty status https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Check here for Hardware troubleshooting.

Regarding warranty and out-of-warranty services you already have answer. Verizon will help only if they sold the iPhone.

Incidentally in UAE

Technical support for iPhone in this region is provided by the carrier, not Apple.

So, Contact DU.

Best

May 14, 2014 7:31 AM in response to Rkzz

Rkzz wrote:

I purchased new 5s from Dubai, however it was carrier activated from verizon

No. You did not purchase it "new". You purchased a gray market device from the US. It can ONLY be serviced in the US. Support for the iPhone there is provided by the authorized carriers. Since you did not buy your phone from them, they will not support you.

Next time, buy from an authorized source.

If you want us to help you troubleshoot a problem, you need to tell us what the problem is.

I m facing challenges while connecting to wi fi , i bought my 5s in dubai , however this is a verizon carrier activated device , so i m not getting support from apple uae, plz suggest , i bought 5s to simplify things and ended up making things very comple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.