Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Huion H610 tablet problem - how to remove keyboard settings in Leopard

I just connected a Huion H610 graphics tablet to my G4 running OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) and a screen appeared which said that I was connecting a new keyboard and did I want to configure it. As I hadn't yet installed the drivers and other software for the H610, I cancelled this.

After having installed everything, I now find that the H610 software does not recognise that the graphics tablet is connected. I have re-installed the software several times but get the same results. Moving the stylus does move the cursor but its actions in something like Photoshop are completely wrong and unusable; e.g. with the selection tool selected, when 'clicked' on a position in an image, a rectangular selection appears to the top left of the cursor (which is at the bottom right) as if I had drag selected rather than just clicked. Also, when using a brush tool, it is not possible to make a bruxh stroke as the curso just leaves a dot.

When the TabletSettings application is launched, it says, 'TabletNotFound' (without spaces).

I think it has something to do with the keyboard settings which came up when I connected the tablet but it's so long since I delved into Leopard's system (my main Mac is on Mavericks) that I can't think where to look for the .plist file which may have messed up my installation.

Huion have assured me that the software and tablet are compatible with PowerPC Macs and OS 10.4 and up. It works fine on my MacBook Pro but I want to use it on a desk top, permanently connected to my G4 rather than with a laptop.

Can anybody offer any advice, please?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 13, 2014 4:31 AM

15 replies

Dec 28, 2017 12:54 PM in response to pfefferwright

I had the same problem (with a Turcom TS-6580, which apparently uses Huion drivers). Registered as a keyboard, not a graphics pad. About the top one inch on the left hand side worked with the pen, the rest of the tablet was not working.

None of the solutions here worked for me, but I eventually found a solution:

1) Download the driver from Turcos's website.

2) Go to Applications and open the folder titled "HUIONdriver"

3) If it says you don't have access, right click, "Get info," click the dropdown for "sharing and permissions" click the lock and add yourself, enable "read & write" (or have an administrator do this)

4) Open "TabletDriverPanel"

https://turcomusa.com/turcom-drivers/ <---- This is the website I used. I downloaded the TS-6580 for Mac.

May 13, 2014 8:02 AM in response to Alf Megson

It's a very slow, time zone interaction but I shall.

As an update to my original post, I have discovered that the preferences file I was looking for is not in the user's Preferences folder but Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboardtype.plist

This is definitely the file because on removing it and connecting the tablet, the Keybosrd Setup Assistant application launches. Unfortunately, it will not accept no for an answer and says that the 'keyboard' will not work unless I press certain keys to identify it.

I'm not sure if this could be part of the problem or not but Huion had sent be an earlier version of the driver which didn't work either.

Jul 24, 2014 2:32 AM in response to velvetundergrad

I haven't got a solution yet but I have had a few e-mails from people at Huion who say that they are working on it. However, I haven't heard from them for about six weeks. It might spur them on if somebody else reports the same problem. I don't remember which address is which apart from the top one being the one which contacted me most often and most recently and the bottom two are from the Huion website as support contacts.

<Edited by Host, Removed personal information>

Jan 8, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Alf Megson

I just got a Huion H610 tablet and I was having this same problem. My only difference is that I've updated to Yosemite, so this info may or may not be applicable. But this was literally the only thing I found when I googled the problem, so if it doesn't help you, then maybe it'll help someone else who searches it.

When I first installed the software and plugged in the tablet, it also opened up the recognize keyboard window (I really should have thought to take screenshots but I was seriously just cluelessly trying things out and it worked. I could probably find a way to get there again but for now I'll just do my best to describe it whatever) and it said to click the button that was next to my space bar or something, and at first I just experimentally clicked one of the express keys, and it told me that the keyboard couldn't be verified or something.I went away and did a couple things in another app window, and when I switched back I noticed that the keyboard recognition window also gave me an option to just skip the configuration. I don't know if it was there before or if it came up after I'd pushed one of the express keys. Either way, it allowed me to skip that step, and there were a couple more steps like choosing the keyboard language and something else I can't remember. Really it's just the keyboard configuration step that was a wall for me, and the other two or three steps didn't hinder my progress at all.

After I'd done that, my pen still wasn't working, but I realized that I hadn't actually put a battery into the pen (it's my first drawing tablet cut me some slack) and as soon as I put one in and pressed a button, the light on the tablet responded. And now everything's working properly and I'm actually able to enjoy experimenting with my very first drawing tablet.

Also I guess I'll mention that I did unplug and replug the tablet a few times over the course of this, in case that turns out to somehow be helpful to anyone.

Sorry this is a bit rambling and anecdotal, just thought I'd outline everything that I did up to the point of the problem being solved, in case any of the variables are helpful. I hope that you're able to work it out!

Sep 24, 2016 9:53 AM in response to prokopton

I had the same problem (with a Turcom TS-6580, which apparently uses Huion drivers). Registered as a keyboard, not a graphics pad. About the top one inch on the left hand side worked with the pen, the rest of the tablet was not working.

None of the solutions here worked for me, but I eventually found a solution:

1) Download the driver from Turcos's website.

2) Go to Applications and open the folder titled "HUIONdriver"

3) If it says you don't have access, right click, "Get info," click the dropdown for "sharing and permissions" click the lock and add yourself, enable "read & write" (or have an administrator do this)

4) Open "TabletDriverPanel"

Once I opened that, the graphics pad set itself up and works great. This is also where you can program the buttons and do a pen pressure test.

Huion H610 tablet problem - how to remove keyboard settings in Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.