Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is the sound fluctuating on my new imac in iTunes?

I am just bringing the content of this forum over to apple's as it seems there are a few people having issues with 'fluctuating sound levels' on iMac and other apple products.http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=19101290#post19101290

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), sound fluctuation

Posted on May 13, 2014 7:36 AM

3 replies

May 13, 2014 7:41 AM in response to boxerbilly

I would like to thank those at Apple for the help given so far which has consisted of the following advice

1. Shut down computer then start up while pressing CMD+ALT+P+R

2. Open Finder

Click on Go

Press ALT (Library will appear - select library)

Delete the following files

com.apple.iTunes.plist

com.apple.iTunes.eq.plist

(nothing else)

Then restart computer

May 13, 2014 7:42 AM in response to boxerbilly

If that does not work try the following

Shut down the computer

Unplug everything even power and ethernet then start up. Then replace everything.

If this has no effect

go to system preferences … user … groups …(unlock) set up a new user …log out of current user and in to new user …

If still happening try listening to iTunes with all other apps switched off i.e. mail in order to see if another app is effecting the sound somehow.

Try loading media file directly onto computer and playing it from there rather than an external drive (if applicable) to check if the drive connection is not causing issues.

why is the sound fluctuating on my new imac in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.