Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I replaced the battery on my RAID card, when I booted my mac pro up, I get the folder with the question mark. I used a boot USB drive to boot and when I looked in the RAID utility, my RAID 5 volumes were no longer showing, advise.

I replaced the battery on my RAID card, when I booted my mac pro up, I get the folder with the question mark. I used a boot USB drive to boot and when I looked in the RAID utility, my RAID 5 volumes were no longer showing, advise.

Ernest

Posted on May 13, 2014 9:48 AM

3 replies

May 13, 2014 9:55 AM in response to nothing n common

You should not be running your System drive from a RAID. It should be on its own fast Rotating drive or an SSD in an Optical drive bay.

RAID-ness is written in a driver on the drives, it is not somehow stored in the System.

Can the drives be seen as existing in Disk Utility? Is you RAID Card seated correctly in topmost slot 4 (2009 and later), and the extra cable (if so equipped for 2008 and older) properly seated?

May 13, 2014 10:07 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Not sure if I'm following you. I have 4 hard drives installed on my Mac Pro. I had a RAID 5 configured and functional for about 5 months. My battery died on the RAID card. I replaced the battery, seated the RAID card back in the slot I removed it from. When I booted to the USB drive to look in the RAID utility, I could see the battery is charged but my volumes are not showing.

The drives don't show in disk Utility. I built the RAID with the RAID Utility and they did show there. I have a early 2008 Mac Pro, Mavricks OS running Mac Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.