Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook not showing color/B&W print option? Auto prints in B&W.

I'm running Mavericks and manually had to connect the company printer in order to print. It wouldn't automatically show up when trying to add a printer so I had to add with IP address etc. The printer is a Lanier LD445c. I have downloaded all the necessary drivers (that I know of) and it prints just fine.. BUT - it only prints B&W. There isn't even an option to select color/grayscale/b&w. When looking in settings/printer features, I'm only offered 300dpi or 600dpi. ZERO color/grayscale/b&w options! What am I missing?? Thanks in advance for all help...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 13, 2014 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2014 8:17 PM

Sounds like you have created the printer using the Generic PCL Laser driver included with 10.9. This driver will only print in B&W and 300dpi with an option to up the resolution to 600dpi. So remove this printer and try adding it again, this time selecting the Lanier LD445c driver in the Use menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2014 8:17 PM in response to cassiemariev

Sounds like you have created the printer using the Generic PCL Laser driver included with 10.9. This driver will only print in B&W and 300dpi with an option to up the resolution to 600dpi. So remove this printer and try adding it again, this time selecting the Lanier LD445c driver in the Use menu.

May 13, 2014 3:38 PM in response to cassiemariev

Open a document and select Print from the file menu. Open the dialog to its fullest by clicking on Show Detail button. On the right you should find a dropdown menu about in the middle of the dialog on the right side. Select Print Settings then select Color from the Color/Grayscale dropdown menu.

If that doesn't work, then you may need to set the printer's default print mode to color.

Macbook not showing color/B&W print option? Auto prints in B&W.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.