Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your Apple ID has been disabled"

receive the above error message preventing me from downloading from cloud and app store following installation of iPhone 4 update. Checked account. Everything appears to be in order. Updated password. Didnt solve issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted on May 13, 2014 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply
24 replies

Jun 26, 2014 5:35 AM in response to e253841

this problem has no solution, I've contacted apple support more than twice, I think they just don't wanna accept their system has problem, the email supporter told me to schedule a phone call, then the guy on the phone asked me to write another email... very disappointed... I'm sure the apple support will keep ask you to reset your password again and again, nothing more.

Aug 26, 2014 10:43 AM in response to khanha

I have the same message. Reset the password several times (running out of ideas for passwords I will remember) and it still comes up with the same message. I am losing patience. If I call and they give me the run-around like that I will get even more frustrated. I will wait a couple of days and see if anything changes, then give it another try. If there is a glitch in the system, Apple should be working on that. If I have any luck with the fix, I will reply again.

Thanks.

Sep 27, 2014 2:03 AM in response to e253841

Hi. Had the same issue. Here's what I did. Don't know, which steps are crucial, but it seems to have worked:

1. Log out of iCloud.

2. Log out of iTunes; at this point it came up with some apple ids that I dont use any more - I cleared the ID and password fields and chose Cancel

3. Turn off iMessage

4. Wait a few minutes

5. Turn on iMessage

6. Log into accounts

Dec 13, 2014 8:38 AM in response to Jorge Rosa

Apple ID is still disabled. it has been about a month now and it hasn't affected me nearly as much as it has my son who uses more of your apps. However, I'm beginning to think Apple doesn't care about its customers. I've never trusted using the cloud and have always avoided it until recently and now my suspicions are confirmed. I feel like Apple is attempting to punish me for my account having been compromised by fraud. I called American Express when they alerted me to $100 plus charges on my itunes account coming out of Texas. I live in Florida. I don't know how my account was compromised so I told AMEX that the charges were fraudulent. I havent been able to use Itunes, Cloud, or updates for over 1 month now. I can't believe that a company with maybe the largest Market Cap in the world (Apple) doesnt even have a 1-800-number for it's Cloud storage media sales business. Unbelievable. I am given short daytime hour intervals on email replies to contact apple about this problem. They send me vague "we are sorry" please contact us between this and this time replies. If I have a problem with any other large company who collects money from me in return for it's services, there is always a 1-800 customer service number to call and speak to someone (usually) 24 hours a day. It seems like Apple is such a juggernaut and takes in so much revenue that they feel they can wipe their rear ends with their customers. Which is why I will continue to use your devices but get my media from other sources and store as little as possible on the Apple "cloud". I'm almost ready to contact the media and see if they're willing to run a story on this. I've seen countless others complaining about this issue on blogs all over the internet.

Apr 23, 2015 1:47 PM in response to Cheryl Philips

You've reset the account's password, logged out and back into that account on your phone ? What did iTunes Support say when you contacted them ?

What do you mean by 'changed apple ID' ? All apps (and any other content downloaded from the store) are tied to the account that downloaded them, only that account can download updates to its apps.

"Your Apple ID has been disabled"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.