Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mail is having trouble syncing with my gmail accounts. I keep getting the Account Offline icon. How can I resolve this? Thank you!

Hi,

Lately everytime I open up Mail my gmail accounts will not sync up and I get the icon that says Account Offline. I have to log into gmail and send mail from there. I'm not sure why this is happening? Should I delete my accounts and then re-ad them? How can I resolve this?

Thank you!

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 14, 2014 8:03 AM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:32 PM in response to hkoster1

Thanks for your response.

Think I may have to go the same way, it has been Ok for sometime but since my recent upgrade to 10.10.4 gmail is failing. I have gotten used to seeing all my email in the one app so although going to gmail independently is sort of Ok it does cause problems with missed emails at times.

Maybe Apple may fix it soon.

Jul 3, 2015 5:33 PM in response to hkoster1

Think I may have to go the same way, it has been Ok for sometime but since my recent upgrade to 10.10.4 gmail is failing. I have gotten used to seeing all my email in the one app so although going to gmail independently is sort of Ok it does cause problems with missed emails at times.

Edit

Jul 4, 2015 10:21 AM in response to 540_Master

Hi,

had the same issue - actually ongoing issues, hope they fix this one day ! - and here is what helped me:

1) Go to keychain access and delete all smtp.gmail passwords

2) If you have multiple Gmail SMTP listings in keychain, delete the excess one(s), keep only one, with deleted password

3) Go back to Apple Mail, Preferences, Accounts, Account Information: Outgoing Mail server, uncheck "Use only this server"

4) Edit SMTP Server List and re-enter your password there

And that did it to me, worked again! Hope this helps...?

Jul 4, 2015 11:19 AM in response to 540_Master

I've had the same problem intermittently. I close and reopen Mail to get it working again. Being intermittent and not for some time now makes me think it's an issue at the Google end.

One thing I made sure I did after the latest 10o.10.4 update is to boot into the Recovery volume (boot with the Command + R keys held down), select Disk Utility and repair both the disk permissions and the disk. Rebooted normally and haven't noticed it reoccurring since..

User uploaded file

Jul 5, 2015 11:09 PM in response to derekfromwhangarei

Edit

Thank you to everyone who responded. I have solved the problem due to a posting on Google+ with information on solving Apple Mail problems after updating to 10.10.4 this is the link to it..http://webjunkiesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/how-to-fix-common-mail-problems-aft er.html.

My Mail is having trouble syncing with my gmail accounts. I keep getting the Account Offline icon. How can I resolve this? Thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.