Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my Camcorder to load videos into iMovie on my MacBook

I can't get my Sony DCR-SR15 Camcorder to load videos into iMovie 09 version 8.0.6 on my MacBook. It used to work, but now iMovie just says that it's looking for devices but won't recognise my camcorder.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 14, 2014 1:55 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2014 1:26 AM in response to GeeD

Hi - thanks very much for getting back to. I can't see my camcorder model on that list, but it was working fine with iMovie 9 unitl this week. I connect the camera then select "FIle" then "Upload from Camera". A window then comes up saying "Looking for Devices" and then the camcorder model reference "Sony DCR-SR15E" comes up with a progress bar which never advances, and after a minute or so the window disappears. Do you have any further thoughts?

May 16, 2014 3:10 AM in response to Clyde Road

If you havn't changed anything on the computer and it was working before, it rather suggests that the problem may lie with the camera or what you have recorded. Have you changed any settings on the camera that may have affected the video format? Can you download the video onto hard disk or into any other application such as iPhoto?

Geoff.

I can't get my Camcorder to load videos into iMovie on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.