Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone 5s Supports NFC technology?

Hi

I don't know if my iPhone 5S supports NFC (Near Field Comunication) technology.

I just found issues saying that it is a feature that would be able on the 5S version of the iPhone.

Does the iPhone 5S supports this technology?

If not, will it supports that in the future?

Thanks!

Erwin

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on May 15, 2014 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 6:18 AM

hugothebear wrote:

Hey there, does my iPhone 5s support NFC, I want to connect to my Jabra speaker, thanks 🙂

No. However, if the speaker is BlueTooth, there should be another way to connect it. Consult the manufacturer's website.

9 replies

Nov 1, 2015 6:12 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I posted a separate thread on this after discovering that the NFC technology was NOT offered on my $600 iphone Plus....This is likely my bad but with the APP store, I ALWAYS associate it with Apple and Apple products....if it's in the APP store then surely it must work on my iphone. At least that's waht I believed up to yesterday so the up side is that I learned something new this week!! So, LG has an App for it's new washer that takes advantage of the NFC technology but I find out after delivery that the new features cannot be accessed by my iphone. Big disappointment for sure. I'm no technology expert but this seems like a missed opportunity for iphone and iphone users alike....I'll get over it but right now I'm just wondering what else my very expensive iphone won't do......

Rob

Does iPhone 5s Supports NFC technology?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.