Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading the new system I can't access my pages or notes documents.

I have a small problem with my Page and Notes documents, I have upgraded my OS system to the OS X Mavericks but when I try to open them now (anything 2013/2014) a window pops up saying I need to download the newest version of Pages or Notes. Does this mean all my documents are locked until I pay more money to upgrade my programs?

Any help will be appreciate.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 15, 2014 1:13 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2014 9:03 AM in response to kzam66

Hi kzam66,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You don't need to upgrade to the latest version of iWork to open your existing documents in OS X Mavericks.

See this article for the steps to open your documents:

iWork for Mac: Working with iWork '09 files

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5994

Additionally, make sure you have quit any open iWork applications (Pages, Keynote and Numbers) before opening your files. You can confirm an application is quit by making sure it does not have the illuminated dash ("blue dot") underneath its icon in the Dock, or is not in the Dock at all.

When you quit an application whose icon resides in the Dock (such as Safari or Mail), the illuminated dash disappears, but the icon remains. When you quit an application whose icon doesn't reside in the Dock (for example, you just finished playing Chess), its icon disappears from the Dock.

Tip: Control-click or right-click the a Dock item to see a contextual menu of additional choices.

Mac Basics: The Dock

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2474

All the best,

Jeremy

After downloading the new system I can't access my pages or notes documents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.