Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.2 crashing

I just upgraded iTunes and OS X Mavericks to the latest versions (11.2 and 10.9.3 respectively). iTunes now crashes consistently (100%). It runs for about 10 seconds and then it's spinning beach ball time. I re-downloaded and re-installed iTunes 11.2 with the same results. I tried selecting another iTunes library (on my network attached server) on start-up and it does the same. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on May 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2014 1:13 PM

A second restart seems to have cleared this up. It took an inordinately long time to shut down. The restart was also a bit slower than normal, but the second time around must have cleared some offending 1s & 0s that were killing iTunes. Back to the music...

96 replies

May 16, 2014 1:58 AM in response to BFasterling

Version 11.2 . I also updated it this morning but it kept crashing. I am using XP Windows

1. I tried uninstall and fresh install of itunes but did not work.

2. I restored my computer to a previous version but then the itunes was not compatible.

3. I tried to fix my computer itunes from repair and after launching i got a library no compatible.

I just removed my newest library and added my old one and now it works but it asks me to update to 11.2.

I would not recommend to update it yet. I hope there is some way apple company realizes this issue and can change the update version content as soon as possible so we can update it. otherwise it will cause more future problems.

Thank you

May 16, 2014 4:16 PM in response to msontag

I had the same problem with iTunes freezing whenever I plugged in my iPhone 5. I deleted the SyncServices folder as described previously and now I can plug in my iPhone 5 just fine without iTunes freezing. Thank you msontag!

Now I was curious whether this was a problem with the Mavericks 10.9.3 update since it reintroduces local sync to iOS devices via USB. Before Mavericks, this is what SyncServices was used for: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5847?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

So I reinstalled the Mavericks 10.9.3 Combo Update after deleting the SyncServices folder to see whether the Update would repopulate this folder, thinking that maybe the Update somehow corrupted something in there from before Mavericks. The Mavericks Update did not recreate the folder, so I'm thinking this is a bug in the iTunes 11.2 update.

May 16, 2014 5:08 PM in response to msontag

Thank you msontag for this tip. I was having the exact same problem as you were with iTunes v11.2 hanging and with the exact same equipment (iPhone5 and iPad Air). Doing as you did, Delete:

˜/Library/Application Support/SYncServices

and then reloading the iTunes, resolved the problem for me.

It seems like QC (quality control) matters are getting somewhat lax at Apple beyond just this one in the post SJ-era.

iTunes 11.2 crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.