Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iMac with mac pro - making it work? And Displays?

Have an iMac on my desk - love it. Attached to it is a 27 in Mac screen for additional real estate.

I don't do a lot of graphics (except that I write a lot of long reports often with color and some images) and I usually have open MS Word and Excel and Calendar and Contacts and a billing program, and Safari and some others. Have a 2T disk attached for Time Machine. And a 1 T disk for SuperDuper backup

I like speed and not waiting for loading/saving etc. And don't like spinning balls

Would MacPro be useful for me?

If I had it, would using the iMac just for the screen make sense? I'd boot from the MacPro I suppose and set it up attached to the iMac for screen.

AND THEN, how do I ALSO have that current 27 in Display ALSo as a separate display??????

I know some things -- but not as much as I could about hooking all these up properly

David

<Email Edited by Host>

Posted on May 15, 2014 4:32 PM

2 replies

using iMac with mac pro - making it work? And Displays?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.